Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Accidentally Found Today

This just now I happened to grab out now from a nearby old notebook.....
(p.s. so damn many of those are already gone due to some extra-efficient housecleaning)

.....

When I re-write over and over, I get tired, and my words can get tired too. Sometimes the original is the freshest. Sometimes, after much re-writing,  I may cross it all out  and sum it up in different words. This is how to get at the idea in a fresh stream, not a stagnant river, anywhere. not moving.

This is how to approach things I can't finish:  read it, and then start over. If I have allowed it to sit a long time, then my ideas should be clearer than when I started. Using the old, hack-ed up part for an outline, I create something fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment