Thursday, December 29, 2016

poem to PTSD and continuing dialogue with EF (LBF)

PTSD:
Pie in Your Face


Pie face
kick you in the
shoelace
this is my
place

don't get in
my space
shoelace
sponge face

erase
memories
freeze
thoughts

*****


Dec. 29

Me - Extra Fat (EF), are you still here?
EF - I'm shrinking....What are you doing to me?  I thought we were friends forever.
Me - No, not forever, Little Belly Fat (LBF).
LBF - What are you doing to me?
Me - I've thought of ways to lose you, while still eating.  I've got to keep eating.
LBF - Yes, that's the idea!  Keep eating!
me - Oh no, but not the way you think.  I have new ways of eating now.
LBF - Don't tell me.
Me - I'm going to write some down for myself to review.
1.  I can eat a peanut butter sandwich without jelly - or a jelly sandwich without peanut butter.  The idea is to overall eat less.
2.  I can enjoy a piece of bread or a roll all by itself without butter or margarine or cheese.
3.  One 50-cent bag of potato chips is only 200 calories (compare that with a handful of cookies) and so satisfying.  It's ok for a snack.
4.  Eat a banana:  protein, potassium, natural sugar.
5.  Coffee black, never any white sugar; brown sugar if necessary.
6.  Farina is good for breakfast, but don't put too much margarine and sugar in it.
7.  I don't like artificial sweeteners except in occasional diet sodas:  no nutritional value, can't be digested by liver, bladder and kidneys.
8.  Smaller meals overall, and leave a little behind on the plate.
9.  Never ice cream, cake or cookies.
LBF - Excuse me.
Me - you may take a break now.  Isn't this fun?
LBF - No.

No comments:

Post a Comment