Monday, January 2, 2017

conversation



The Difference Between Diet Pepsi & Diet Coke*



H – he

S – she



 S-   If you're going out, could you get me some cigarettes?


H -   Yeah, I’m thinkin’ about goin’ out now.  I wanna buy a bottle of Diet Coke.


S -   Ok, but why?  I saw a whole bottle in there already.



H -   Oh, when was that?

S -   Oh, I don’t know,  yesterday or this morning maybe.



H -   No, that was only Diet Pepsi.

S -   So why do you also need Diet Coke?

H -   I already finished the Diet Pepsi.


S -   You’re kidding!  In only one day?

10 minutes later.....

H -   I had to get Diet Pepsi.  Not the one you like, regular Diet Coke.

S   -  Oh?

H -   But I also bought Decaffeinated Diet Coke.

S -   Oh?


……..(1 minute pause)…..

S -   So did you get me the cigarettes?

H -   What?!  You didn't tell me you wanted cigarettes.

S -   (Sigh.) 

*****************

*[true story!  sometime in the early 2000's]

[That was a long time ago when we could still buy cigarettes.  Now we roll our own tobacco.]



No comments:

Post a Comment