Monday, January 30, 2017

New poems

I really don't know how good any of this stuff is, but I guess maybe it's interesting....

Rhine Wine

Golden sup,
fill my cup

Let me glide
into a deep cave
of nothingness

Obliterate me,
sedate me

Turn my sorrows
into the forgotten past

Mesmerize me

Pour down your waterfall
of surcease

Scotch burns my throat,
wine goes down easier

Plunge me into that curious void,
where there is nothing to know,
and nothing to avoid

======

The Forgetting

I thrust pictures past
away like old bread -
who needs mold?

Reminiscences only
hurt the heart

The purse may be full,
but what if the heart is still?

I cling to the Heart of Now,
the Holy Heart

thrusting pictures past
away like old bread -

++++++++

The Tryst

Our romance was lucky
it brought us both to life -

But I would not have lived with you,
or would ever have been your wife -
I wanted to -

Sometimes you meet a stranger
who tickles your buttons,
but you are already married,
so you smile and chew your gum.

______

1/29/17

No comments:

Post a Comment