Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Note on Legalization of Marijuana

As a substance abuse counselor myself, this is the only solution I can possibly come up with to this problem:

The best place to make marijuana a legal activity would be under the sea, where the fish could enjoy the fragrance. But, how could you ever enjoy a smoke underwater?

Anyway, the only smoke that I do enjoy, in extreme moderation, of course, is American Spirit tobacco, hand-rolled by me, and thereby I smoke 2-3 actual cigarettes per day, having just a few puffs at a time. It is worth it to do it this way, because it is the most fun activity around besides plain old sex. Not to mention a constant supply of nice black hot coffee is nice. The thing that gets me about the substance abuse counseling "field" today is that they are expecting everybody to give up anything but breathing and biting - perhaps - their fingernails. Oh yes, this is true. They could even be clipping their toenails to the bone, or compulsively cutting their hair shorter and shorter, eating their own hair, which amounts to a great deal of hair in the stomach and develops sometimes into a life or death problem..... and of course, another activity that deprived and thereby somewhat depraved people might pretend to enjoy on some level would be pulling their hair out by the roots and screaming Bloody Mary or something like that.

In short, the whole "field" is probably now such an unearthly chaotic mess that I got out a good many years ago, having witnessed one staff "party" where (many former alcoholics like me) "the counselors" were having a good time drinking. This is when the old "Is this reality?" kicks in.

You could only stand outside and smoke, because that already just doesn't fit in. We know who started that problem. Wouldn't it have been better, and still could be better, to establish simply, "smoking restaurants" and "smoking bars" and whatnot, and save us from the trouble of having to stand outside in the cold at subzero temperatures in NY, just to have a smoke? (Thereby we could catch pneumonia or just develop a bad cold.) Before I go on, I want to stop and tell an often-heard joke by my father in my childhood regarding colds vs pneumonia.

I am still not sure whether he made this up or heard it somewhere, like all of his treasured jokes. So here it is now, I'm not sure how it's going to come out. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx note to me, insert later xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                        

My way of smoking would not take more than two seconds to smoke just for a moment and go back. Going and coming could take 10 minutes both ways. Exaggerating, maybe 7 minutes only, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment